Monday 25 May 2015

Solo no more!

April 6-7
The bus ride back to London took longer than normal because it was the end of the holiday weekend, so by the time we made it to the station I was a little motion sick. My friends from Saint Mary’s, Bridget, Shannon and Kylie were down by the London Eye having dinner, so I joined them. I was so relieved to see some friendly faces after travelling by myself for five days. They were just starting their British adventure, as I was ending mine tomorrow but their company made my last night in the U.K. enjoyable. After catching up after dinner we headed towards Big Ben, but first we decided to do the London Eye 4D experience. It was a free video that took you around London following a seagull and included wind in your face and bubbles. It was not that exciting, but a couple of college kids can make it enjoyable. They also took your picture on a green screen and then put you on top of the London Eye; it was cute except for the fact that I was wearing green pants, so I had no legs in the picture! After our 4D experience we stood by the river and took way too many pictures with their roommate Surya’s selfie stick. Then we made our way across the bridge to see Big Ben at night and to get some telephone booth pictures. Overall, meeting up with them made my trip back to London so much more fun, and I was overjoyed to see them!
Eye spot London 

Oh Ben, you're such a looker!

Big Ben selfies with Bridget!

Rock the red London

She tried to touch Ben...

London's calling!

We departed ways, and me thinking I could easily walk back to my hostel instead of taking the tube decided to walk across London at night by myself. It definitely was not the best decision I’ve made on my trip. I would have been fine, but one of the streets that I had to go down was under construction at 10 o’clock at night, so they rerouted me down a back, unlit alleyway. Although I was slightly scared and unnerved I kept my wits about me and managed to get back onto a familiar main road and after an hour an half of walking I was back at my hostel, where I immediately went to sleep after walking 15 miles that day!
I found a Disney Store, so I had to go inside!

Oh yeah I went into the British Museum briefly and saw Dum Dum 

British museum

The highlight of Baker Street

            I only spent about nine hours in my hostel, because in the morning I left to join my friends at Kings Cross Station, where we hung out at Platform 9 ¾ until we had to separate. They went to see the changing of the guard, while I went to pick up some souvenirs and then we rejoined at Baker’s Street, where I ate some Chipotle, to wait for the airport shuttle. After an exciting week of British adventures I was relieved to go home and rest

No comments:

Post a Comment